By now you have the hang of this “at-home” sports-watching thing. In fact, you might even consider yourself a pro-homebody. Maybe you’ve substituted barcaloungers for bleachers, carryout for concessions, or homemade nachos for those questionable ones served out of helmets.
If you’ve also upped your domestic game-watching status by hosting a small, at-home tailgate gathering or two, isn’t it about time to take them to the next level with the drinks you serve? Sure beer is great, but we would argue that there’s nothing like adding in a few fan-favorite cocktails to elevate your tailgate. Plus, these 5 drink options go great with these easy game day food ideas, and they can also be doubled (or tripled) for your intimate crowd.
From the tried-and-true Bloody Mary (with a twist) to Buffalo Wings & Rings’ very own Tito’s Lonestar Lemonade cocktail, these 5 amazing recipes for easy tailgate drinks you can make at home also go great with Buffalo Wings & Rings carryout (hint, hint)! And, if you’re looking for something to do during halftime, you can bust out these tailgate party games that are suitable for all ages!
Tito’s Lonestar Lemonade
- 1.5 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- . 5 oz Blueberry Reàl – (or use 1-2 oz of any berry flavoring or muddle fresh or frozen berries)
- 2.5 oz lemonade
- .75 oz ginger beer or ginger liqueur
- Fill glass with ice
- Add ingredients into shaker without ice: Tito's Vodka,Blueberry Reàl or muddled berries, lemonade, ginger beer.
- Cap, shake, and pour the first three ingredients into prepared glass.
- Top with ginger beer, garnish with lemon if desired.
- 2 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 6 oz Bloody Mary mix (any premium brand)
- 1 oz Buffalo Wings & Rings Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp rimming salt
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Buffalo Wings & Rings bacon, olives, and/or celery (optional)
- Mix together 1 tablespoon each of salt, lemon pepper, and Cajun spices in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Roll lime wedge on rim of glass and then rim glass with spice mix and fill with ice.
- Add ingredients into shaker with ice: Tito’s Vodka, Bloody Mary mix, Buffalo Wings & Rings Buffalo Hot Sauce.
- Cap, shake, and pour into prepared glass.
- Add ice and stir.
- Garnish with bacon, olives, and celery, if desired.
- 1 tbsp rimming salt
- 1.5 oz El Jimador Silver Tequila
- .5 oz Triple Sec or another orange-flavored liqueur
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz premium margarita mix (or use fresh lime/lemon juice at a 2/1 ratio)
- Onion rings, lime wedges (optional)
- Rim half a glass with salt and fill with ice.
- Add ingredients into shaker without ice: El Jimador Silver, orange liqueur, simple syrup margarita mix or citrus juices
- Cap, shake, and pour into prepared glass
- Garnish with onion ring and lime wedge (optional)
- 1.5 oz Jack Daniels Whiskey
- .5 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz Strawberry Reàl (or use 1-2 oz of muddled fresh or frozen strawberries)
- 2 oz lemonade
- 1 - 1.5 oz Sprite
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- Fill a highball glass with ice
- Add Ingredients into shaker with ice: Jack Daniels, Amaretto, Strawberry Reàl or muddled berries, lemonade
- Cap, shake, and strain into prepared glass
- Top with a shot of Sprite and a lemon wedge, if desired.
- 15 oz Old Forester Bourbon
- .5 oz lime juice
- 1-2 oz ginger beer
- Lime wedge and mint sprig for garnish (optional)
- Add ingredients directly into copper mug without ice and stir: Old Forester Bourbon, lime juice
- Fill cup with ice and top with ginger beer
- Garnish with lime wedge and mint, if desired
To make sure you never have to miss out on sports and wings at home, place your order online today!